Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NeedHelp2013

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Hello I believe I'm being blocked by an ios7 user. I'm wondering if other users here could help me figure it out? Here my situation.

When I call my friend it goes straight to hid voicemail. I believe this means he could be blocking me but it could also means his battery is dead.

When I text him instead of it being sent as a usual iMessage in blue, it's green and is "sent as text message"

I don't know if this means he's blocking me or if his phone could be dead. Does anybody know the details of how it works?

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
There are a number of reasons the calls are going straight to vm. He may be blocking you, he may be doing it by hand, he may be in Do Not Disturb, he may be out of coverage, his phone may be shut off, or he may be suffering from a bug in iOS 7 where his calls go to voicemail without ringing his phone. There are probably more possibilities I can't think of right now. ;)

For iMessage, something is "wrong" on your side or his or iMessage is having a problem. I don't know what Blocked looks like for iMessage.

Can you ask him?

NeedHelp2013

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Yeah that's what I'd like to know. If it is sent as a reg iMessage or sent as a text message while being blocked. Can anybody test this for me?

freedevil

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2007
Sigh. Okay, so you've been blocked because you're being a pest and now you're proving it. Stop texting your friend and harassing him or her.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.