Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

princebig7

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2013
Hey everyone I'm in a dilemma and need some input. So I've been texting this person from craigslist and they claim to have found an ipad mini 32gb wifi +4g at a train station. I have bought apple products from people on craigslist before so I asked him for the serial number and look it up on apples site. Everything even the extended apple + care is covered. This seems like a too good to be true deal the mini is flawless and comes with a belkin keyboard case all for the price of $350! Do i meet him at a starbucks and if the serial number matches one he gave me go through with it? If it was lost and reported lost will it lock up when trying to use it or access the cellular? I have never been in this situation so comments greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

----------

ughh nvm waited too long. Sold....

dwcasey

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2006
i woulda

I woulda jumped on that. I'm in the same mode. Looking for a 'deal' knowing full well that there might be some product updates in the next few months.

But I figured if I can get a 'deal' on craigslist or a refurb, then it would still be worth it. Good luck!

tazz3

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2013
the word found is replaceing the word stolen lol dont buy it.
get an refurb from the apple store. how come this person is not keeping it
if its so awesome, rember a mini is just an ipad 2 in a smaller case.
it has the same chip and 512 memory the ipad 3 and 4 have 1 gig of memory

dwcasey

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2006
the word found is replaceing the word stolen lol dont buy it.
get an refurb from the apple store. how come this person is not keeping it
if its so awesome, rember a mini is just an ipad 2 in a smaller case.
it has the same chip and 512 memory the ipad 3 and 4 have 1 gig of memory

There are some hardware diffs between ipad 2 and ipad mini...otherwise, why ipad mini have full support for iOS 7 and ipad 2 missing some features? Unless Apple 'engineered' the features out of the ipad 2?

katmeef

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
That price is almost too good, I just picked up a 32gb WIFI only mini on kijiji for $320 including 2 cases and thought that was a good deal.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I probably will be selling my black 32gb + AT&T LTE mini soon as well....

If I can get $400 for it and the smart cover together, I'll be happy.

Fruit Cake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2012
There are some hardware diffs between ipad 2 and ipad mini...otherwise, why ipad mini have full support for iOS 7 and ipad 2 missing some features? Unless Apple 'engineered' the features out of the ipad 2?
CPU, GPU, ram and screen resolution are the same, otherwise, no. iPad 2 has a 7.2mbit 3G radio, the mini has LTE, BT4.0, faster wifi with wifi direct, lightning port etc.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I woulda jumped on that. I'm in the same mode. Looking for a 'deal' knowing full well that there might be some product updates in the next few months.

But I figured if I can get a 'deal' on craigslist or a refurb, then it would still be worth it. Good luck!

AT&T is offering 100 of if you sign a 2 year contract. We have a shared plan so its only 10 a month more on our bill.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.