Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
I just got the following email about iWork for iCloud beta. I confirmed by logging into iCloud and now have all 3 iWork apps with a "beta" tag.

We’ll soon be introducing a new and exciting feature to iCloud. It’s called iWork for iCloud and it’s a suite of apps — Pages, Numbers, and Keynote — that make it easy for anyone with an iCloud account to create and edit great-looking documents, spreadsheets, and presentations right on the web.

We’d like to invite you to be one of the first to try it, so we’re giving you early access to the iWork for iCloud beta. All you have to do is sign in to iCloud on a Mac or a PC using the current version of Safari, Chrome, or Internet Explorer. Then just click on Pages, Numbers, or Keynote and you’re off.

We’re really proud of these apps and we’d appreciate your help in making them as great as they can possibly be. So we’d love to hear your feedback as you use them.

Sign in to iCloud.com to get started with iWork for iCloud today.

Sincerely,

The iWork Team

I didn't see this posted anywhere or any news sites, so figured I'd post a FYI.

JMountainDew

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2012
I received the same email from apple earlier today, but have not installed the beta. I would be interested in hearing how well (or not) it works for you.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I received the same email from apple earlier today, but have not installed the beta. I would be interested in hearing how well (or not) it works for you.

There is nothing to install, it is in your browser. I have been using for a couple of weeks and they work well (and it's neat having them). There are features missing (much like in the iDevice Apps) like no list drop downs and some formatting. So I mostly use my Apps.

JMountainDew

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2012
There is nothing to install, it is in your browser. I have been using for a couple of weeks and they work well (and it's neat having them). There are features missing (much like in the iDevice Apps) like no list drop downs and some formatting. So I mostly use my Apps.

Thanks for the clarification on that. I'll give it a test drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.