Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicshow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
I just lost my stored maintenance records/reminders when changing phones so I'm looking for an app that stores maintenance records and can sync with other devices like and Ipad AND will backup the database automatically. Can anyone recommend one?

Nic

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
Look into carminder. You cannot get the database exported manually, but you can email out when you want to sell the car or something. I use it for maintenance reminders and record keeping. Backups occur through iTunes.

C5Longhorn

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2010
Disappointed in App support

My problem with this app is that it won't back up your data to the icloud or an external data source. If you switch phones and get a new phone, you will have to manually add back your data.

The developer also appears to not support the app any more as there have been no updates since 2011 and he has not responded to any inquiries.

Rick

cuencap

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2011
I've always wanted to develop an auto maintenance website that is like mint.com, except it would track mileage versus dollars. The website would track mileage, maintenance trips, and have nice clean charts. Anyone else think that would be super convenient? I'm sick of keeping track of maintenance manually...

C5Longhorn

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2010
That would be really cool. I'm surprised there are not any really good maintenance apps available when I looked in the App store.

analiachester

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2014
You should contact some ipad customer service or repair shop, as they have knowledge enough to recommend you which application would be best for your device. They would even describe you the steps to download an app or mail you the manual. Just pop over to these guys for more better suggestions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.