Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
I am playing Skyrim Legendary Edition within Bootcamp, I have the sound via the Apple display, I have my Mac Pro volume at full, I have the in game sound at full volume and I have the windows sound setting on full volume, but the in game sound is still a bit on the low side, and yes my ears a absolutely fine, and no I do not want to wear head/earphones whilst playing.

Any ideas other than buying an external speaker setup with a small amp included ?

Last edited:

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
Trodamus seems to have figured it out.

If you're using realtek audio, you'll want to change your headphone's to 5.1 then disable the top three checkboxes (so only the left and right speakers remain).

NOT SURE WHY but it works.

Looks like Skyrim is set to 5.1 on default, or there is some kind driver conflict (I remember people having similar troubles with Fallout 3, too).

I personally just turn up the volume a little bit and it's perfect then.:)

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Trodamus seems to have figured it out.

If you're using realtek audio, you'll want to change your headphone's to 5.1 then disable the top three checkboxes (so only the left and right speakers remain).

NOT SURE WHY but it works.

Looks like Skyrim is set to 5.1 on default, or there is some kind driver conflict (I remember people having similar troubles with Fallout 3, too).

I personally just turn up the volume a little bit and it's perfect then.:)

I see no headphone setting in there, also where are those check boxes and what are they called ?

Oh well, thanks anyway for the pointer.

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
I see no headphone setting in there, also where are those check boxes and what are they called ?

Oh well, thanks anyway for the pointer.

Sorry for not being clear enough.

You must have Realtek Drivers&Software installed. It should then appear directly on the main settings page.

Alternatively, you might try to set your speakers to stereo: >right click volume>properties or settings>select speakers>properties or settings>set to stereo>apply or ok.;)

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Sorry for not being clear enough.

You must have Realtek Drivers&Software installed. It should then appear directly on the main settings page.

Alternatively, you might try to set your speakers to stereo: >right click volume>properties or settings>select speakers>properties or settings>set to stereo>apply or ok.;)

OK, thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.