Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenglade

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
I just installed PSE 11 update but am having a few issues.

1. How do i put a border on all four sides of an image? I do select.all, Edit >stroke and "Outside." Nothing happens. I do "inside and i get vertical borders only. How do i get borders on all sides?

2. When i try to open a PDF file, I get a checkerboard screen. Why doesn't the image come up?

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
1. Press Command (OS X)/Control (Win) + A to get 'Marching Ants' across the edge of the canvas. Select Edit > Stroke and choose 'Inside'. Not sure if that was what you were doing, but it works fine for me.

2. Checkerboard usually indicates a transparent part of an image. Is any part of the pdf transparent?

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
I just installed PSE 11 update but am having a few issues.

1. How do i put a border on all four sides of an image? I do select.all, Edit >stroke and "Outside." Nothing happens. I do "inside and i get vertical borders only. How do i get borders on all sides?

2. When i try to open a PDF file, I get a checkerboard screen. Why doesn't the image come up?

If I recall correctly Pse didn't play well with .pdf well the last time I used it. So I just re-saved the source document as a .jpg. It was one of those things that make me install Pixelmator on any computer that doesn't have Ps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.