Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedDim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2013
Hi, I have asked this question elsewhere but all they seem to do is troll and tell me to stick to Google... I'm not sure why.

Anyway, I broke my iPhone quite some time ago and I don't really wanna buy a new one yet since the next one is probably around the corner. I'm not prepared to use another device so I bought a used 4S from a friend - the problem with this is.. well.. he's a strange mofo (lol) he takes pleasure in using websites that ask for your credit card, if you know what I mean.

When you remove your microsim from the iPhone does it then become a "blank canvas" or do certain things remain on the phone? I have obviously created my own icloud account, I just wanna know if anything at all will remain from his time using the phone.

I have reset the history and can't find anything but that doesn't mean there's nothing there somewhere... Yeah, I have slight OCD here.. Ha

Please, though, with respect I'd prefer not to hear guesses as I could just do that myself - I'd prefer facts. Thanks a lot fellow Apple geeks (like myself, it's cool ha)

Bye

Cx38

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2013
London
Factory restore from new will do it. If you're really that OCD you can ask him to deauthorise any devices it's linked to. Restore as new is enough though

Cx38

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2013
London
Factory restore from new will do it. If you're really that OCD you can ask him to deauthorise any devices it's linked to. Restore as new is enough though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.