Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Jul 22, 2013, 02:59 PM   #1
doubledee
macrumors 6502

Losing Internet Connection on Sleep

Something appears to be wrong with my new cMBP and Mountain Lion.

I'm not sure of the exact cause, but it seems like when the Screen-Saver comes on or it goes to Sleep that I am losing my Wi-Fi Connection...

Yesterday I had both my old MacBook and new cMBP out while I continued to set things up on my new cMBP.

On my old MacBook (this one) with Snow Leopard, I have the following settings...

Code:
Energy Saver:
Battery
Computer Sleep: 5 minutes
Display Sleep: 5 minutes
_x_ Put the hard-disk to sleep when possible
_x_ Slightly dim the display when using this power source
_x_ Automatically reduce brightness before display goes to sleep

Power Adapter
Computer Sleep: 5 minutes
Display Sleep: 5 minutes
_x_ Put the hard-disk to sleep when possible
___ Wake for network access
_x_ Automatically reduce brightness before display goes to sleep
___ Start up automatically after power failure

Code:
Desktop & Screen Saver:
Start screen saver: 3 minutes
These settings seem to work just fine.

(**NOTE: My main goals are that I want the security of a screen-saver, but also do NOT want anything to disrupt my recording of Streaming Audio in the background!!!

If I get up and walk away, I expect my screen-saver to come on and protect my laptop, but I want everything running in the back ground as normal!!)

I don't have my new cMBP with me here at work, but I believe I have the settings set in a similar manner in Mountain Lion.

On to the problem...

Yesterday I was working primarily from my old MacBook, and when I would go back to my new cMBP, the screen-saver would always be on.

After logging back in, I noticed that my Personal VPN connection and Wi-Fi Internet Connection always seemed to be down...

I played around with the settings on my new cMBP, and tried to make them similar to this old MacBook, but the problem persisted.

Once I get my new cMBP finally set up, I will be *really mad* if I am recording a radio show, my screen-saver comes on and/or my laptop goes to sleep, and I end up losing my Internet Connection?!

It seems to me like there is a bug with Mountain Lion, but who knows?!

Any idea what might be the problem?

Is it a setting issue?

Or is ML screwed up?

Sincerely,

Debbie
doubledee is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion