Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blerrrrrrrrrrr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
Long story short, i want to delete some files on my mac.. Games, apps and some other things.

i.e. I want to delete the game Left 4 dead 2, but when i drag the icon for the game to the trash can it doesnt go in and returns back to where it was, that the same for a few other apps aswell.
When i click and hold on the app icons and they start to shake the 'X' doesnt appear for these apps either.

Any ideas?

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Long story short, i want to delete some files on my mac.. Games, apps and some other things.

i.e. I want to delete the game Left 4 dead 2, but when i drag the icon for the game to the trash can it doesnt go in and returns back to where it was, that the same for a few other apps aswell.
When i click and hold on the app icons and they start to shake the 'X' doesnt appear for these apps either.

Any ideas?

Try this to completely delete an app.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
when i drag the icon for the game to the trash can it doesnt go in and returns back to where it was, that the same for a few other apps aswell.
Make sure an app isn't running and a file isn't in use before you try to delete it. Be sure to follow the link that Shrink posted. (the "Shrink link?") :)

gnurf

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2011
L4D2 is a Steam game, so you delete it by removing all local content in its right-click menu. It's not a simple app bundle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.