Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnnyb93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
My MacBook 13' died an hour ago, the MagSafe has the amber light and the longer I leave it charged without booting it up the longer it will stay on, it turned all the way on one time and my battery was at 0% and it said "battery not charging" and the led on MagSafe was green. What should I do??

Dalton63841

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2010
SEMO, USA
My MacBook 13' died an hour ago, the MagSafe has the amber light and the longer I leave it charged without booting it up the longer it will stay on, it turned all the way on one time and my battery was at 0% and it said "battery not charging" and the led on MagSafe was green. What should I do??

Either the Magsafe charger, the Magsafe port, or the battery is dead and needs replaced.

Dalton63841

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2010
SEMO, USA
How do I know which one?

Really, you don't. If you have a spare Magsafe charger you can test the charger with that. Otherwise it is basically a process of buy the cheapest of the three and hope for the best. When mine did that it was the Magsafe port(DC-In charge port). Cheapest of the 3, but it's also the biggest pain to replace.

Johnnyb93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
Ok we'll I guess that's a lot better than if we're a serious issue, thanks for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.