Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SupSup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2013
This thread is for bring grand theft auto V to mac

to support this this click on this link http://support.rockstargames.com/anonymous_requests/new
and fill out a request

Also To support this thread is to NOT BUY GTA V FOR ANY OTHER GAME SYSTEM OR USE BOOTCAMP OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT

:D

Even if you already are going to get a different version of this game please try to support this post, post it on other forums keep reposting WE CAN BE HEARD!

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Because the PC port of GTA IV and Mac port of Max Payne 3 were awesome, I'll get right on that. :eek:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Because the PC port of GTA IV and Mac port of Max Payne 3 were awesome, I'll get right on that. :eek:

You have pointed out nice point, but it's better than never.

Eh? GTAIV had awful performance on PC and console - the PS3 version wasn't technically HD and both Xbox and PS3 framerates dropped to their 20's in parts! Max Payne 3's port was good, LA Noire's was excellent.

Seems to me like they know what to do now. And that recent hiring of a PC adds to their commitment. I just wish they'd announce the obvious! I'd rather get GTAV on my PC or PS4 than my PS3.

Celtic Warrior

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
Toronto, ON
Eh? GTAIV had awful performance on PC and console - the PS3 version wasn't technically HD and both Xbox and PS3 framerates dropped to their 20's in parts! Max Payne 3's port was good, LA Noire's was excellent.

Seems to me like they know what to do now. And that recent hiring of a PC adds to their commitment. I just wish they'd announce the obvious! I'd rather get GTAV on my PC or PS4 than my PS3.

Yes, that's true Max Payne 3 has worked well in my computer without having any freezing or any glitch so far while. Also I play in High graphics though. I wish they could convert l.A Noire to Mac, that would be awesome.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003

The Mac port of Max Payne is a cider port, and has had some serious issues. Although I haven't had a problem, I've heard la noire has had performance issues and problems with multicore processors

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway

MP3 port was great! Fluid 60 FPS and I had no crashes at all on PC.
I have not tested the mac port yet. The PC port had modes for DX9 10 and 11 and lots of options, so it's one of the best console ports made afaik.

LA Noire was sub par PC port. With 30 FPS cap and my old GTX 285 could drop below 30FPS from time to time. MP3 ran at high dx10 settings at 40-60 FPS on the GTX 285.
Both games runs maxed on 60 FPS on MP3 and 30FPS on LA Noire, but I woould have loved 60FPS for that game, although it's a title that is very playable with 30 FPS tbh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.