Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hotrod351

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Mohave Valley Arizona
i listen to my music in my truck with a flash drive. problem is that i cant arrange the songs in the order i want. ive tried what i can do but still have two songs that are reverse order than what i want them.

shelle

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2013
i listen to my music in my truck with a flash drive. problem is that i cant arrange the songs in the order i want. ive tried what i can do but still have two songs that are reverse order than what i want them.

That's the problem which tortures all of us, but there's is one tricky solution: back to your home, when you are on the comp, arranging the songs that you want to listen on you flash drive, just rename the songs by adding the numbers.

You know like a list of songs:

01 name of the song
02 name of the song
03 name of the song

In this way you will get a list of songs with your own order and therefore the problem will be resolved..

Regards

hotrod351

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Mohave Valley Arizona
well i checked to see what these two songs had, one had 05 and the other had 333, they still played at the end of the songs i had installed, i think the flash drive automatically puts all new song at the end no matter waht number they have, but i changed the number on the one with 05 to 334, and that did it.

cheekypaul

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2005

what is it that you plug your flashdrive into?
is it something builtin to the truck?
whats the brand?
do you have a screen?
if you could let us know that, someone might know a workaround...

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
well i checked to see what these two songs had, one had 05 and the other had 333, they still played at the end of the songs i had installed, i think the flash drive automatically puts all new song at the end no matter waht number they have, but i changed the number on the one with 05 to 334, and that did it.

Yes, you figured it out. The alphabetical ordering is done by the display program, They are on the drive in the order they are written, on e after the other.

So there is what you need to do. First FORMAT the drive, use the "secure format" option the write the songs on the drive in the order you want to hear them, one at a time.

mahmudd29

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2013
believe it or not, iPod shuffle is the Best according to my own view. I use it as a Portable data bea:prer also....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.