Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:28 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer: Apple to Have 'Very Busy Fall'

During the question and answer portion of Apple's third quarter earnings call, Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer suggested that Apple will have a "very busy fall," following it up with a statement that he'd like to "leave it there and go into more detail in October."

Apple is expected to unveil a number of products in the fall months, including the next generation iPhone, the fifth generation iPad, the low-cost iPhone, and refreshed MacBook Pros.

All of the products on the horizon are expected to include impressive new features, including a fingerprint sensor and an upgraded camera for the iPhone 5S, an iPad mini-style redesign for the fifth generation iPad, and Haswell processors for the new MacBook Pros.

The company is also rumored to be working on additional projects such as the iWatch, and according to Tim Cook, Apple's catalyst will always be "new products and new services" in both current product categories and "in new categories."

Apple's iWatch, which has been trademarked in multiple countries, is not expected until 2014 despite the fact that Apple has recently hired a number of new employees to work on the product. "We're working on some stuff that we're really proud of, and we'll announce things when we're ready," said Cook during the call.

Article Link: Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer: Apple to Have 'Very Busy Fall'
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:30 PM   #2
viperGTS
macrumors 6502a

Still hoping that the iPhone 5S is out in September.
viperGTS is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:31 PM   #3
hangloose
macrumors newbie

It's going to be an expensive fall
hangloose is offline   16 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:31 PM   #4
sonicrobby
macrumors 65816

October seemed about right, glad he clarified
sonicrobby is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:31 PM   #5
Fireball Dragon
macrumors regular

Hopefully something 'revolutionary' on the cards, rather than boring refreshes/updates of existing products...
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:33 PM   #6
jonnyb
macrumors 6502a

That's not the interpretation I give Oppenheimer's comment. He was talking about GM and said he wanted to say more about it in October at the next results call. That doesn't necessarily mean that the products are coming in October. It might be September.
jonnyb is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:33 PM   #7
Nunyabinez
macrumors 6502a

I like that Apple has gotten a little bit of its secrecy mojo back. I know this is a rumors site, but I still love it when a keynote hits me with something I wasn't expecting. Hoping that this Fall has some mind-blowing stuff.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:33 PM   #8
Faux Carnival
macrumors 6502a

An iPhone 5 with dual flash. Yes DUAL ****ing flash!
Faux Carnival is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:34 PM   #9
baryon
macrumors 68030

So we're not expecting a Retina MacBook Pro refresh until October???? I thought it could be any day now, if you look at the Buyer's Guide…
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:35 PM   #10
Willis
macrumors 68020

Surely the more detail in October relates to the next financial call rather than products? Sure, products can be launched in October, but, I'm pretty sure that comment related to the next call.
Willis is offline   16 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:37 PM   #11
ghostface147
macrumors 65816

A very busy fall, including the re-launch of the developer site....lol.
ghostface147 is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:37 PM   #12
goobot
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis View Post
Surely the more detail in October relates to the next financial call rather than products? Sure, products can be launched in October, but, I'm pretty sure that comment related to the next call.
Not really considering they did release their new products in october in 2011.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:39 PM   #13
Ddyracer
macrumors 68000

Lol, obviously. Apple has barely released anything the last 9 months. This cramming stuff in the fall plan is kinda dumb but what do i know right?
Ddyracer is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:40 PM   #14
mmberry1
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobot View Post
Not really considering they did release their new products in october in 2011.
He's referring to the next earnings conference call not a product launch.
mmberry1 is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:40 PM   #15
Razeus
macrumors 68040

As long as the fall includes properly built iMacs.
Razeus is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:40 PM   #16
Zaqfalcon
macrumors regular

"Apple's iWatch, which has been trademarked in multiple countries, is not expected until 2014 despite the fact that Apple has recently hired a number of new employees to work on the product."

"despite the fact"? Hiring new employees to work on an iWatch recently, indicates to me that it won't be available for quite some time. These new staff can't make something instantly. Unless the new employees are working in the marketing department, I wouldn't be even entertaining the idea of iWatch being a reality until 2014 at least.
Zaqfalcon is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:42 PM   #17
Dark-Sider
macrumors newbie

A finger print sensor is not impressive. Maybe the tech improved but HP ipaqs had this back in 2003
Dark-Sider is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:44 PM   #18
Menel
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqfalcon View Post
"Apple's iWatch, which has been trademarked in multiple countries, is not expected until 2014 despite the fact that Apple has recently hired a number of new employees to work on the product."

"despite the fact"? Hiring new employees to work on an iWatch recently, indicates to me that it won't be available for quite some time. These new staff can't make something instantly. Unless the new employees are working in the marketing department, I wouldn't be even entertaining the idea of iWatch being a reality until 2014 at least.
Consider the big jump from ipad to ipad 2.

IWatch already designed to test the waters this fall.
But hiring for designers for iWatch2 to really blow the market away.

Disclaimer I don't really believe this is the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:46 PM   #19
Pyrrhic Victory
macrumors regular

I am holding out to buy my first smartphone and tablet for these new products, I hope they are good.
Pyrrhic Victory is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:48 PM   #20
jonnyb098
macrumors 6502a

Well at least by Peter saying we will talk more about that in October pretty much confirms September release dats at the latest for new iDevices. But nothing really new here. Its always September.
jonnyb098 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:49 PM   #21
Nunyabinez
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis View Post
He said they will have a very busy fall. What could lead to a busy fall? Obviously the reason that you have a busy fall is because new/updated products come out. Unless he knows about some recovery in the economy that is coming. So, yes he will give more detail in the financial call in October about all the revenue from new products between now and then.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:49 PM   #22
iLoveiTunes
macrumors regular

"busy fall"

"very busy fall" -- No pun intended.
iLoveiTunes is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:51 PM   #23
nagromme
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb View Post
That's not the interpretation I give Oppenheimer's comment. He was talking about GM and said he wanted to say more about it in October at the next results call. That doesn't necessarily mean that the products are coming in October. It might be September.
Beat me to it. Yes: new products BY October, not IN october necessarily. That's why Cook plans to talk about them in the October conference call.
nagromme is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:51 PM   #24
Mike MA
macrumors 6502a

October? Damn...was hoping for September releases Maybe they give us an updated Retina Macbook Pro as an appetizer in September
Old Jul 23, 2013, 04:52 PM   #25
GoldenJoe
macrumors regular

Hoping for a retina iPad mini, and genius covers for iPhone. That's right - build the keyboard or gamepad right into the cover like the old Versa, and watch a whole new revolution in mobile games.
GoldenJoe is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion