This is so funny.

http://gizmodo.com/i-cant-stop-watch...-mel-886414329
bmac4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 08:31 PM   #2
SixSlinger
macrumors regular

Send a message via Yahoo to SixSlinger
Crazy Mad Lady in Apple Store

Not sure if you guys saw this on Gizmodo...

https://vine.co/v/huHUPLnx1dg

As inappropriate as she is acting (VERY), I'll admit I've been driven to that point a couple of times in the Apple Store. Luckily I have some restraint and didn't end up on the web as a joke.
SixSlinger is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 08:46 PM   #3
darster
macrumors 68000

Her kid will grow up nuts, just like her.
darster is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 08:49 PM   #4
ZombiePete
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSlinger View Post
As inappropriate as she is acting (VERY), I'll admit I've been driven to that point a couple of times in the Apple Store. Luckily I have some restraint and didn't end up on the web as a joke.
Both Sprint and AT&T have nearly driven me to this point; actually, Sprint did drive me to this point but instead of having a shrill melt down I just canceled my service with them. Never at an Apple Store though; every single experience I've had there has been positive.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by darster View Post
Her kid will grow up nuts. just like her.
I generally try to reserve judgment in these cases because we really don't know the whole story, but frankly we are fast becoming an incredibly narcissistic society. From people calling the cops because Burger King didn't make the happy meal properly to actually, gasp!, having to wait in line like regular schlubs, everyone thinks they deserve special treatment.

I'm not sure what the root of the problem is, but all of our kids are going to grow up nuts if we don't stop treating them all like they're special little snowflakes.
ZombiePete is online now   10 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 08:57 PM   #5
Ledgem
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombiePete View Post
I'm not sure what the root of the problem is, but all of our kids are going to grow up nuts if we don't stop treating them all like they're special little snowflakes.
The "special little snowflakes" thing is often cited as the problem, but I don't think that's it. There are plenty of selfish, self-centered people who don't think they're anything special. Go ahead and teach them that they're special little snowflakes, but make sure they're aware that they're not the only snowflake around.
Ledgem is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 09:01 PM   #6
SixSlinger
macrumors regular

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. Although this point of view is generally is viewed as either racist, or bigotry, hate or just plain mean.

At what point did it become ok for parents to let their kids do anything they want with zero consequences? It's scary.
Quote:
]

I generally try to reserve judgment in these cases because we really don't know the whole story, but frankly we are fast becoming an incredibly narcissistic society. From people calling the cops because Burger King didn't make the happy meal properly to actually, gasp!, having to wait in line like regular schlubs, everyone thinks they deserve special treatment.
In my mind, it doesn't matter what the whole story is. Regardless of what Apple had done to her, it's completely unacceptable to throw a tantrum in the middle of a public retail establishment.

Last edited by SandboxGeneral; Jul 23, 2013 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag
SixSlinger is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 09:02 PM   #7
AFDoc
macrumors 68000

Well I know exactly how she feels and I have had to get a bit loud with the "genius" a time or two.

"I don't care that I'm jailbroken, me changing the software didn't make the hardware allow dust to infiltrate the unit and end up under the glass". Result, phone exchanged.

"I don't care that the tip of the headphone jack came off in the hp plug, that didn't make the power button stop working.". Result, phone exchanged.

As others have pointed out in other threads and defended it like crazed animals, apple is a billion dollar company and I'm not going to let them NOT replace my phone when one issue didn't cause a well known other issue. Don't pee on me and tell me it's raining and don't give me crap when I bring in a phone that apple calls "out of warranty" and not replace it when the issue that causes it to be "out of warranty" had nothing to do with and didn't cause the returnable issue.

PLUS IMHO not having the option to be able to walk in and get taken care of is stupid and a very bad move for CS.
AFDoc is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 09:03 PM   #8
C DM
macrumors G4

Crazier stuff happens all over the world every minute. Part of the human condition.
C DM is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 09:04 PM   #9
ZombiePete
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
The "special little snowflakes" thing is often cited as the problem, but I don't think that's it. There are plenty of selfish, self-centered people who don't think they're anything special. Go ahead and teach them that they're special little snowflakes, but make sure they're aware that they're not the only snowflake around.
I dunno; my daughter (who's going into the first grade) often has to be de-programmed when she gets home from school after being told all day how special and wonderful she is "just for being her". Kids are selfish, self-centered little brats when you strip all the politeness and instruction away; we teach them how to behave appropriately in society. My daughter is no exception; I love her dearly and she is the apple of my eye, but when I let her push too far the monster is unleashed and she has to be set back to rights. Kids without realistic appraisals of their own behavior are terrors, and when they grow up to be adults they throw temper tantrums in Apple stores.

If you just give everyone in society an award just for participating, they start to think that it's okay to be selfish self-centered brats all the time and we all just have to accept them they way they are, and I think that's a mistake.
ZombiePete is online now   7 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 09:48 PM   #10
benjamin831
macrumors newbie

Before you guys judge this woman, let me just say that I've dealt with that exact same Apple store in LA. And let me tell you the people there are incompetent as hell. Long story short, they turned a screen replacement into a logic board replacement, into a unibody replacement. In the end I blew up too and demanded a brand new laptop.
benjamin831 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:47 PM   #11
Mr_Brightside_@
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDoc View Post
"I don't care that the tip of the headphone jack came off in the hp plug, that didn't make the power button stop working.". Result, phone exchanged.
iPhone 4?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:51 PM   #12
tcphoto
macrumors 6502a

Her child was heard saying multiple times, use your indoor voice. That, ladies and gentlemen is Krazy with a capital K.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 03:52 AM   #13
taedouni
macrumors 6502a

Nothing justifies that reaction. She just made a huge scene for nothing. I don't care what the reason is. If you feel that a store is mismanaged then ask to speak to a supervisor then call and complain to corporate. Yelling and creating scene will not fix anything.
taedouni is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 06:43 AM   #14
bmac4
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Not sure if you guys saw this on Gizmodo...

https://vine.co/v/huHUPLnx1dg

So why the need to repost what I had in the OP?

----------

I just thought it was really funny to watch her. I really don't care about the back story, or who's fault it was. I got my laugh out of it. I have gotten mad before at companies, but never yelled like that.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 06:50 AM   #15
adnbek
macrumors 65816

Wow... I've never seen an 8 year old child with an adult body before.
adnbek is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 06:57 AM   #16
SixSlinger
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac4 View Post
So why the need to repost what I had in the OP?

----------

I just thought it was really funny to watch her. I really don't care about the back story, or who's fault it was. I got my laugh out of it. I have gotten mad before at companies, but never yelled like that.

I posted this in a different thread. Didn't see your post. I guess a mod merged them.

Last edited by SixSlinger; Jul 24, 2013 at 07:05 AM.
SixSlinger is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 07:06 AM   #17
bmac4
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I posted this in a different thread around the same time you did. I guess a mod merged them.
Oh ok. I thought you posted the same video just from a different source. Sorry about that. People must have posted more on your thread than mine. Oh well it is funny as crap.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 07:09 AM   #18
mentaluproar
macrumors 65816

I think we've found this year's "Don't tase me Bro!"