Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mad Mac Maniac

macrumors 601
Original poster
So I have a late 2007 whitebook, and I'm stuck on Lion. I would like to update to ML (and eventually Mavericks), and I just recently realized that I can do that through parallels 8, VMfusion, or something similar. I have a few questions though.

First, will it run features that are artificially hardware limited? The things that come to mind are airplay, airdrop, and the two finger swipe for notification center (I have the old buttoned trackpad, so I don't expect it to manage 3-4 finger gestures, but 2 finger gesture are possible).

Secondly, how easy is it to almost completely replace Lion with the virtualization of ML? I can simply full screen it, but I'm guessing I'll need to rebuild my entire library (apps, documents, music, etc) and also there will likely be some difficulties with running mission control, and possibly some other things.

Thirdly, how smoothly does it run. Would it start to become laggy after a couple days and require a restart? Right now I typically restart my computer like once a month... or less...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.