Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

annk

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
I have been going crazy trying to locate settings in Evernote, premium edition for Mac.

According to everything I've read, they're supposed to be hiding under the badge icon in the upper left corner, and from settings I can choose whether or not to make notebooks online or offline.

There is probably a very simple way to do this, but I can't find what everyone says should be there. :confused:

This is the sort of info I'm finding (as well as the info that settings is supposedly under the badge):

Method
To download an Evernote notebook from the online storage system, open Evernote and go to "Settings." Find the "Offline notebooks" option from the list, and then select which notebooks you would like to be available to edit offline. You will then need to wait for your notebooks to download, as they will not be available offline until they have finished downloading fully. Once you have downloaded your selected notebooks, you can start adding and editing items within them offline.

So where ARE the settings? I can't find what they're describing anywhere.

onekerato

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2011
On the Mac, all your Evernote notebooks are also stored offline, i.e. a copy of all your notes resides on your hard disk. That is what the synchronize toolbar button does.

The concept of offline notebooks applies to Evernote on iOS (or android).

annk

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
On the Mac, all your Evernote notebooks are also stored offline, i.e. a copy of all your notes resides on your hard disk. That is what the synchronize toolbar button does.

The concept of offline notebooks applies to Evernote on iOS (or android).

Thanks so much, you just cleared up a big mystery for me! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.