Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CHMK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
can anyone help? my retina macbook pro screen keeps flickering randomly, most often when watching youtube videos, the screen flickers for a quarter of a second sending black lines across the screen, im out of warranty so i cant take it to apple store. it flickers almost as if image is readjusting. it seems the retina macbook pro screen has been plagued with many issues, from the image retention issues to flickers, frankly its quite annoying

nickandre21

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2012
I think ive read on this forum or another forum the guys who had this issue got a screen replacement. Also try and see if there are any updates available for your retina.

Ive always brought apple care as safety even if it never gets used its cool but the costs to repair are supreme.

chuckput

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2009
Macbook Pro Retina Screen Flicker: Resolution?

Well, I started getting the flicker a few days ago and it's getting worse. After searching thru many forums and posting, I still haven't found any consistent information about a resolution.

> Who has had this problem resolved and how recently?
> Any links about a resolution would also be appreciated.....

Next step is to take it into an Apple store, I guess........:confused::(:eek:

nickandre21

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2012
some found wifi interference as the cause and changed their 2.4ghz wifi channel to another channel either 1 or something else and found the issue to go away. For the others a trip to apple store solved it. Out here at my AASP this flickering issue is known to them but they do not know if a permanent fix is there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.