Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
I bought two MBAs. Opened one the same day and the second one a day later.

- Both are LG and 13"ers
- The first one is an i5/8/256
- The second one is an i7/8/512

When I opened the first MBA, it had a warm screen tint. This was a bit surprising as I had read that LGs are overall brighter than Samsungs.

Anyway, so a day later I opened the second MBA. Now, when I compared the first with the second, the second looks warm while the first one seems to have a bluish/cooler tint in comparsion.

My cousin also commented that the first one looked a bit different the second day, and that the second one looked like the first one did on day 1.

I hope that made sense lol...

So, this got me wondering if the LG screen ( or TNs in general ) have a 'break in' period after which they change their temps ? :confused:

Would love to hear from you all... This is my first MBA, and other than this screen tint, I'm loving it !!!

Last edited:

tbolt11

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2013
I had posted something similar. I bought a 2013 air and was comparing it to my 2011 air. The 2013 wasn't as bright and the whites weren't as white. Yet when I checked, both were LG panels. Not sure what is going on but I just wan't a nice panel in a 2013 air....

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
So, no one knows... ? I'm using the stock Color LCD Profile right now, because the MacRumors.icc profile lowers the brightness.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.