Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igneousc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 13, 2011
I paid for an unlock from swiftunlocks and got a notification from them that it had been all done. So I popped in another sim card to my phone, tried to follow their instructions by plugging my phone into iTunes, but never got anything on my phone or iTunes that said I was unlocked. I am running jailbroken 6.1. I would like to retain my jailbreak, I really just need it for tethering and nothing else, but swiftunlocks made it seem like I might need to update my phone to get this unlock to work. Has anyone had a similar issue? I cant figure out what to do.
thanks

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I paid for an unlock from swiftunlocks and got a notification from them that it had been all done. So I popped in another sim card to my phone, tried to follow their instructions by plugging my phone into iTunes, but never got anything on my phone or iTunes that said I was unlocked. I am running jailbroken 6.1. I would like to retain my jailbreak, I really just need it for tethering and nothing else, but swiftunlocks made it seem like I might need to update my phone to get this unlock to work. Has anyone had a similar issue? I cant figure out what to do.
thanks

Was your iPhone connected to WiFi?

igneousc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 13, 2011
You can use SAM as well. Install it from Cydia.

YES! That did it. I installed SAM, deactivated my phone and put in the new SIM. Plugged in my phone to iTunes and iTunes said my phone was unlocked! So happy I didn't lose my jailbreak, thank you so much :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.