Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

It appears that Apple is slowly bringing its Developer Center online after more than a week of outage. Several developers have notified MacRumors that they are now able to enter the site and reports on Twitter confirm that the Developer Center is once again accessible. Earlier this week, Apple outlined a plan for restoring functionality to the site.

According to the new status page, several systems are up and running, including Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles, Software Downloads, Safari Dev Center, iOS Dev Center, and Mac Dev Center. Other areas of the site, including the technical support sections and the forums, are still offline at this time.

systemstatus.jpg
Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles Now Available

We appreciate your patience as we work to bring our developer services back online. Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles, software downloads, and other developer services are now available. If you would like to know the availability of a particular system, visit our status page.

If your program membership expired or is set to expire during this downtime, it will be extended and your app will remain on the App Store. If you have any other concerns about your account, please contact us.

Thank you for bearing with us while we bring these important systems back online. We will continue to update you on our progress.
Apple's Developer Center first went offline last Thursday, and on Sunday, Apple revealed that it had been taken down as a precaution after a security breach. It is unclear who was responsible for the hacking, but a security researcher has suggested that he might be to blame for the outage.

Apple has been "working around the clock" on a complete overhaul of its developer systems since the Developer Center was taken down and has noted that developer memberships and apps set to expire during the outage will be given an extension to account for the significant downtime.

While the developer portal looks largely the same, it is likely that sweeping internal changes have been implemented. After news of the security breach, Apple said that it was completely overhauling its developer system, updating server software, and rebuilding its entire database.

Article Link: Apple's Developer Center Coming Back Online After 8 Day Outage

starnox

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
Well they've certain lost data. I've lost a handful of devices I registered a week before the incident and several provisioning profiles I created.

I've even lost App IDs I've setup. A bit worrying...

moabal

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
It says my developer accounts are expiring on the 5th of August? Anyone else getting this? I literally just bought this in June....

jmh600cbr

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2012
Sweet can we have beta 4 now? i'm tired of not being able to answer calls.

edit: in all seriousness, it'll probably come monday, hopefully with greater map support.

Last edited:

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
Personally, I think it was always slated for the 29th, but who knows. Glad the dev center is back.

Shows just how dependent the Apple developer community has become of on-line certificates and the like. IMO, this is a big wake-up call to many who are dependent on Internet connections for day to day developer work.

Sirious

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
This is great. Everything is being done so systematically. It's really nice to see how Apple is handling the situation and updating us like this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.