Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
I'd like to export all the photos I have in my Aperture library in whatever form they are...raw or .jpg, for example, as photos so I can import them into another photo processing application, e.g., Lightroom 5.

I don't want to export the photos one at a time, obviously. But I can't seem to find the command that would allow me to do what I want.

Suggestions? Thanks!:D

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I'd like to export all the photos I have in my Aperture library in whatever form they are...raw or .jpg, for example, as photos so I can import them into another photo processing application, e.g., Lightroom 5.

I don't want to export the photos one at a time, obviously. But I can't seem to find the command that would allow me to do what I want.

I think the best you're going to get is being able to export one project at a time. Select the project and right click on the project name and select Export->Original.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-28 at 10.40.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-28 at 10.40.13 AM.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 102

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR

The fastest way is to transform your entire photo library from "managed" to a "referenced".

Every original will be moved to the external file system... using a hierarchy of your existing projects. From there, you can import them into LR or whatever program that you want. When done... you can delete Aperture.

You mention that you want to move to a different "photo processing" application. Both Aperture and Lightroom are Digital Asset Mangers (DAM) and as such are more "photo management" applications. Both have some photo processing capabilities... but their purpose is "management"... rather than "processing". When it comes to photo management... many consider Aperture to be best-in-class... especially within the Mac ecosystem.

/Jim

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.