Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

majkom

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Hi, I am sure I have read about this kind of glitch here, but cant find it. Does anyone got it? What do you think, is it sw or hw issue? (I had other known issues - sound problems - but last apple update fixed it.. so this is my only one trouble with this perfect machine..would like to get rid of it:)

musika

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2010
New York
I've seen this twice on two machines. Sounds like the new Intel graphics aren't quite there yet in terms of software optimization, if I had to guess.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Take a screenshot and see if the line appears on the image. If it doesn't, it's a hardware (LCD screen) issue.

majkom

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Take a screenshot and see if the line appears on the image. If it doesn't, it's a hardware (LCD screen) issue.

That will be difficult, it comes out of the blue and leaves as fast as it comes

majkom

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 3, 2011
so noone experience this glitch? my os x is up to date but still, from time to time, horizontal line appears for a second or two through my lcd (it usually occurs when i use expose or when watching images in safari)...

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
I have/ had this issue. It used to pop up from time to time, but I haven't seen it recently. That leads me to believe it was a software issue that's been patched somewhere along the way.

flowareab

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
good,That will be difficult, it comes out of the blue and leaves as fast as it comes
9.gif

evorc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
No issue

I bought my 13" mba about a month ago. I have not seen this issue. I'm assuming this is a software issue if it hasn't shown up after 10.8.5 update.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Could it be a burn in issue with the GPU or monitor?

I know I had the same issue but after a few weeks I'm sure it went away. I can't remember the last time I saw it pop up. It has to have been a month or 6 weeks at least.

HipHopTrex

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2012
Sounds like the issue I have.
https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=17849111#post17849111

Mine did it again yesterday after not doing it for a few days. But it also took a bit longer than normal to go away. Normally moving my mouse fixes it, but it took maybe 2 seconds to go away that time. I know huge deal. :rolleyes:

But it really seems to only do it when I view pictures on Opera, or in Preview. Which isn't too bad since I'm not a photo editor or anything of the sort. Mostly just happens when I'm moving photos around after downloading them, or on Sporting News/Huffington Post sometimes it'll freeze while I read an article.

majkom

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 3, 2011
it happens on up to date mountain lion.. i will wait till mavercisks, if it will keep doing it, I will call apple (I would do that right now, but there is no official store here in my country, so it make quick problem solving little bit unconfortable - so, APPLE? apple store in czech republic, pleaaaaase!)

PS: i will try to do screenshot, but as I wrote, it comes randomly out of the blue, so it will be difficult:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.