Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miguelpm97

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
Hi everyone! First at all: sorry for my bad english.

I have an iPhone 5, and I decided to update it to iOS 7 BETA 3.

Everything was going fine, when i plug it the lightning cable, an error shows every time, saying that was a 3rd party cable etc etc. I souposse all you know this error.

But suddenly, it stopped charging. When I plug it in my computer, doesnt recognize my iPhone (not iTunes, Windows!). I cant even downgrade to iOS 6.1.4... I tried DFU mode and nothing happens when I plug it in. Only an error shows up: "Windows cant recognize this USB device", or something like that.

The only way i have to charge it is shutting down the iphone plugged in. While it is shutted down is charging...

I dont wanna buy an official cable, but i guess i'll have to.

Anyone has a solution?

Thanks for your attention.

Armada78

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2013
Sweden
you've already mentioned the problem. change the cable and you're most probably not seeing those errors anymore.

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
you've already mentioned the problem. change the cable and you're most probably not seeing those errors anymore.

I've had this problem as well, using multiple official cables. The phone doesn't respond after I plug the cable in but after pulling out and reinserting a couple of times (insert sexual joke), it usually kicks back in and starts to work.

Harrycooke

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
London
Hi everyone! First at all: sorry for my bad english.

I have an iPhone 5, and I decided to update it to iOS 7 BETA 3.

Everything was going fine, when i plug it the lightning cable, an error shows every time, saying that was a 3rd party cable etc etc. I souposse all you know this error.

But suddenly, it stopped charging. When I plug it in my computer, doesnt recognize my iPhone (not iTunes, Windows!). I cant even downgrade to iOS 6.1.4... I tried DFU mode and nothing happens when I plug it in. Only an error shows up: "Windows cant recognize this USB device", or something like that.

The only way i have to charge it is shutting down the iphone plugged in. While it is shutted down is charging...

I dont wanna buy an official cable, but i guess i'll have to.

Anyone has a solution?

Thanks for your attention.

Well you could just take the cable in the Apple Store and ask for a new one. It's clearly less than a year old.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.