Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

generik

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
Ahh... well, I guess I didn't grab my camera when that box arrived, but instead choose to live through that experience to the fullest :D

Just wonder if anyone else out there actually take photos of their own PB's unwrapping and birthing?

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
I have some, but im not going to be the first nerd to post some. If some one else does, I will as well.

Melkor

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2005
AAAGGHH you ruined it! I wanted it to be a surprise! :mad: Now I know what the box looks like and everything :(

:p

motherduce

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2005
Houston, TX
I documented it via my camera. I will be posting tonight, using iPhoto for the first time. Opened it all up on Friday, but with family in town, didn't get a chance to download the photos until tonight.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
javabear90 said:
I don't mean to be nitpicky, however you might want to block out your serial number of your powerbook. Just being my usual paranoid self.
-Ted

i'm not worried. in fact, that powerbook got sent back and i got a replacement about a week later. ;)

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
Definitely been there recently, my first time! It was amazing, but I got a refurb so is wasn't quite as amazing, but still amazing.

Crikey

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2004
Spencer's Butte, Oregon
Melkor said:
AAAGGHH you ruined it! I wanted it to be a surprise! :mad: Now I know what the box looks like and everything :(

:p

You wanted it to be a surprise, so you looked at a thread entitled "The PB birthing photo thread"?

Don't blame the people posting here; the thread is accurately named. Blame yourself for peeking.

Crikey

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
Melkor said:
AAAGGHH you ruined it! I wanted it to be a surprise! :mad: Now I know what the box looks like and everything :( :p

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and say that was a joke seeing as though the poster said "I captured every shot."

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
mmmmmm tasty :D I love the 17" screen. But always felt Apple could sort out the proportions of the keyboard with all that extra space. It just appears plonked there, like an afterthought. That's why I ordered the 15" but to be honest with all the talk of poor 15" screen, I kind of wish I went for the 17 afterall. Its not that much different in price (especially after upgrading the HDD).. Oh well I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed .. :)

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
That is one sexy machine man. I am jelous.

I'm waitng for MacIntels. Damn Osbourne effect* :rolleyes:

*- I don't have $3k to throw around right now either.

alexprice

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2005
I think that the way Apple packages their products is amazing, everything made by Apple that I have opened and unpacked was of the best quality and design.

I like the new iPod Nano & Video's boxes, the iPod pictures on the box are kinda stamped into the cardboard so you can feel it and its smooth matt black finish.

Its very addictive though. Good for Apple sales too.

Alex

alexprice

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2005
Laser47 said:
When my ibook has its mac minis ill be sure to post pictures. Shes already in her 7th month.

LOL...

My PowerBook's 1st year birthday is the 22nd of this month.

Maybe I should get it a card, or some chocolates.

I wonder what star sign that would be?

Alex

Will Cheyney

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2005
United Kingdom

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 99
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.