Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jul 29, 2013, 04:41 AM   #1
Axrl
macrumors newbie

iPod 2g stuck at the Apple logo

Alright so after attempting to jailbreaking my Ipod 2G. Everything was installed, and after installation I was taken back to the apple logo screen, and it keeps freezing no matter what.

I've read and watched so many videos now about putting it in DFU and holding the home and on/off buttons for a extended amount of time to fix it. To recover it through itunes. Problem is it does absolutely nothing. It doesn't put it in the DFU mode to attempt to recover it. Been attempting this for 5 days now and it does nothing at all. While it's in the apple logo loading screen it has a white loading circle and that's when it freezes. iTunes doesn't detect the ipod as well.

Is my Ipod 2G doomed of never being fixed or is there some way to fix it?
Axrl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 04:53 AM   #2
jav6454
macrumors G5

It isn't doomed. DFU mode is quite easy and your answer! If anything else fails or you feel you did everything you could, try going to Apple to restore it.

They might charge you, but they'll definitely get it working.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 05:02 AM   #3
Axrl
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav6454 View Post
It isn't doomed. DFU mode is quite easy and your answer! If anything else fails or you feel you did everything you could, try going to Apple to restore it.

Well problem is I already tried getting it to DFU mode, but it just doesn't happen.
Axrl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2013, 01:00 PM   #4
IpadSC400
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav6454 View Post

His iPOd is Jailbroken. Apple won't do a dang to it. They won't touch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axrl View Post
Well problem is I already tried getting it to DFU mode, but it just doesn't happen.
Hold the home button for 5 seconds. while doing so, plug iPod into computer and immediately press the sleep/power button. Hold until device powers back up.
LMK if that doesn't do it.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch