Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

MacRumors Forum poster aibnr noticed earlier today that the iOS 7 Beta 4 download appeared to be posted on Apple's developer servers early this morning, ahead of an expected release today. If released today, Beta 4, with a rumored build number of 11a4435d, would come three weeks after Beta 3 was released at the beginning of July.

Clicking the purported download link, available here, returns a 'Your session has expired' error page. Other URLs with similar build numbers, on the other hand, return an 'Access Denied' error message.

Apple is expected to release Beta 4 later today.

yoursessionhasexpired.png
BGR has some additional iOS 7 beta-related claims as well:
Additionally, one source has informed us that the company plans to release just two more betas for developers before the gold master (GM) version is released in early September.
9to5Mac somewhat corroborates this, claiming that Apple is nearing "zero-priority-1 bug status", meaning there are no critical bugs left in the OS and the company is getting close to releasing a "GM1" candidate internally. Apple typically releases several internal GM candidates before releasing a final GM seed to developers for testing.

Article Link: Apple to Release iOS 7 Beta 4 Today, Two More Betas Coming?

MattJessop

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2007
Manchester, UK
On my iPhone 5 b3 works flawlessly other than a few rogue apps *cough* Skype, which I suspect is possibly more APIs than actual bugs, but on my 3rd gen iPad it's pretty darn buggy, so I hope there's a few more betas. Unless it's all fixed in b4, in which case RELEASE RELEASE RELEASE! :D

ZacNicholson

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
Austin
since a lot of the iOS 7 lovers bitched when mavericks d4 came out.. i wanna say

When is mavericks developer preview 5 coming out!?!?!?!?!

odedia

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
iOS 7 is no where near Golden Master. I hope for Apple's sake that they'll take the time to fix the bugs and performance issues (I already gave up changes to the fisher-price UI).

SteveLV702

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada
no critical bugs my ass.... Atleast once a day my home screen goes totally blank shows the background but none of my icons..... Gotta restart phone to get working again.

Ventilatedbrain

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2012
iOS 7 is no where near Golden Master. I hope for Apple's sake that they'll take the time to fix the bugs and performance issues (I already gave up changes to the fisher-price UI).

I've been using beta 3 on a iPhone 5 since release and it is very low on bugs.. Its very usable

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
I hope the bug where if you try changing your wallpaper twice in a row the app you are in crashes is fixed! It's not huge but still not apple standard :(

xyion1

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2007
I've been using beta 3 on a iPhone 5 since release and it is very low on bugs.. Its very usable

I did a full update (not OTA) for at AT&T iPhone 5 and found it to be the exact opposite: crashes, freezes, just very unstable. I think every time I used speakerphone the call dropped...

Not sure what would cause this, filed the reports (and I know its a beta), its just curious that folks are having wildly different experiences.

york2600

Cancelled
Jul 24, 2002
Portland, OR
Most the actual instability and battery drain went away between 2->3. I'm hoping that 3->4 resolves some of the odd visual issues like the lock screen displaying with content stuck in it from time to time. You'd be amazed how much can get done in a few weeks of software development though. I'm sure it's gotten a lot better. If they're shooting for 2 more betas before release I'm sure this will get them in line with previous major releases in terms of stability. There's always going to be issues that aren't discovered until millions of users are running the release. That's just the nature of developing software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.