Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

occamsrazor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
Hi,

I'm looking for a 2-bay (or more) SATA drive dock with USB 3.0 connection. It will be used to back up a very large photo archive (3TB) from one SATA drive to another, so reliability is the most important aspect for me.

Have seen a few drives on offer such as StarTech, Syba, Thermaltake and read their reviews. As usual some say people say they're great others have issues.

So I am looking for any recommendations from people who actually have one and use it regularly on OS X.

Thanks!

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Some more info please? I don't see that they even sell any dual SATA docks for desktop drives... at least on that website.

Hmmm, my mistake. Thought they had a dual 3.5" also, looks like just 2.5". I've had great results with my Plugable single dock, at $25 each you could just get two :D

devilcm3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2011
South Melbourne, Australia
I can recommend two brands.

1. Vantec
used their single bay dock for years without any issues, definitely is my first choice for USB docks / enclosure

2. ICYBOX
i switch to this because they run out of vantecs in my local computer shop, i search for reviews in Amazon and they're pretty good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.