Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kirbdog

macrumors regular
Sorry I cannot comment on crutial or newegg (no exp.). But I would recommend Samsung RAM or anything that Apple recommends. I was using a 1 GB chip from Infineon, it worked for about 4 months and then started causing Kernal crashes and alot of headaches till I figured out it was the RAM module that was failing. Thanks to Apple support. Powerbooks are picky about their RAM so make sure about it before buying.

You will find a major boost in performance with a 1 GB module in your Powerbook, it is a very worth while upgrade. Good luck

3lions

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Iowa
Kirbdog said:
Sorry I cannot comment on crutial or newegg (no exp.). But I would recommend Samsung RAM or anything that Apple recommends. I was using a 1 GB chip from Infineon, it worked for about 4 months and then started causing Kernal crashes and alot of headaches till I figured out it was the RAM module that was failing. Thanks to Apple support. Powerbooks are picky about their RAM so make sure about it before buying.

Thanks

I've seen alot of people on here saying crucial is good...I was wondering if this was a good deal for crucial

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
3lions said:
Thanks

I've seen alot of people on here saying crucial is good...I was wondering if this was a good deal for crucial
Yes, Crucial is good ---- if you buy the model that Crucial recommends for Powerbooks. The one linked from NewEgg is a generic module from Crucial which may or may not be compatible -- neither NewEgg nor Crucial guarantee compatibility with your Powerbook.

Another option for a company who does guarantee compatibility would be Data Memory Systems they are my favorite in the USA. They chargte $130, or $139 for the Samsung original model.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
I bought a gig of Crucial for my PB, works like a charm. Super super easy to install as well...just need that size 00 phillips screwdriver, which can be a pain to find...

P.S. That's weird...I paid like $15 less for that exact same stick from newegg less than a month ago...

3lions

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Iowa
CanadaRAM said:
Another option for a company who does guarantee compatibility would be Data Memory Systems they are my favorite in the USA. They chargte $130, or $139 for the Samsung original model.

That looks good. Where is their guarantee?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.