Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dontknow2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2013
Iam new here, what a great forum !!
I have a macbook pro unibody late 2008 with removeable battery
2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo (T9400) Intro Date: October 14, 2008 Disc Date: March 3, 2009 Order No: MB471LL/A Model No: A1286 (EMC 2255) Subfamily: Late 2008 Model ID: MacBookPro5,1 Std RAM: 4 GB Std VRAM: 512 MB* Std Storage: 320 GB (5400 RPM) Std Optical: 8X DL "SuperDrive"
and cant get the system to run-no noise,no reaction, no battery light-nothing.
I tryed a different battery and a different magsafe-no sucess.
Exchanged the "magsafe DC-in board" no help.
On the logic board i can measure at the power entry from the "magsafe DC-in board" the 16.6 Volts and 3.4(dont know the value yet exactly) and on some capacitors + 12 VDC.So iam thinking the power is ok, even the magesafe connector allways show orange light-reacts only shortly to green(when it should) when i do a SMC reset.
As iam a electronical guy out of money i have to go further.
Are there any schematics,testpoints available ? How i can start the mac-where are the shorting points to start or the incoming points from the power switch for MY macbook ?If somebody maybe have some info that "cant" be published, please drop me a PM.
Please need help,all data are on my Mac,cant work and iam electronic/mechanical-, but not a PC guy...
My logic board shows 820-2330-A
OPC EF-2
the last serialnumber of my mac are xx56D61 GN

Robert

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.