Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chordshakerapp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2013
Hello! I'm an App developer and I have just finished a beta version from a new App that teaches how to take chords on a real guitar neck. Now I'm trying to search for people who would like to beta test the application.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to look them for? but you don't need a guitar to use this App. The screen of your phone works as a guitar neck and instructs you on the fingerings of guitar chords. If you are interested, please visit http://www.chordshaker.com and sign up for beta testing to get the app. We are ballotting a surprise gift to all who give feedback on the app. We use testflightapp as the testing tool.

p.s. the application is only for IPHONE and IPOD touch only!

Last edited:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Do you have to use the phone to use the app? I find it impractical to learn guitar using the screen of an iPhone as your fret. I'd prefer to learn new chords on my actual guitar.

If you can learn the chord and not have to use the iPhone to play it, then I may sign up.

chordshakerapp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2013
Do you have to use the phone to use the app? I find it impractical to learn guitar using the screen of an iPhone as your fret. I'd prefer to learn new chords on my actual guitar.

If you can learn the chord and not have to use the iPhone to play it, then I may sign up.

Hi. The App is only for iPhone and iPod touch. The screen works as a fretboard, it's mainly for people who don't own a guitar (yet), or don't know how to take the basic chords and would like to train and memorize the chord fingerings on the go (i.e. in the bus, workplace, etc..).

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Okay thanks for the response. I have a couple of those apps so I'll pass. Good luck.

chordshakerapp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2013
Okay thanks for the response. I have a couple of those apps so I'll pass. Good luck.

Thank you! I have tried to look for similar apps but I haven't found any. What are the names of the apps you have? I would like to check them out

mikeguitar

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2013
San Diego
Sounds like a good product. I have an iPhone that I use for work, but my personal phone is a Galaxy. Do you have plans to launch it on Android as well?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.