Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EternalStutter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2013
I'm just curious really. If you were to look at your ipad/iphone right now. Would you see ALOT of folders? No folders? a few? I couldn't imagine having a bunch of apps on 6 or 7 pages...but im sure someone is rocking it that way

makotoisle

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2012
I'm just curious really. If you were to look at your ipad/iphone right now. Would you see ALOT of folders? No folders? a few? I couldn't imagine having a bunch of apps on 6 or 7 pages...but im sure someone is rocking it that way

I organize my apps by page. This means that I have 6 pages of apps, none of which that are full.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
I have never used folders on any of my iDevice's, simply because I think they look ugly. I organize my apps by full pages.

Zerthis

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2013
I use folders on my iPad, iPhone and even on my Mac. I hate scrolling/swiping left and right to find the app I need. Also, I have OCPD so if stuff isn't organized I can't sleep.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009

I only have one folder on my first page of apps, but every other page on my iPhone has all folders.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Yes, I use folders. Page one is typically dedicated to apps most used with no folders, and page two and beyond are lessor-used apps put into folders.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
On my iPad you would see all folders. Changed that on my iPhone because I don't like how the folders look.

kelub

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Yes, I use folders. Page one is typically dedicated to apps most used with no folders, and page two and beyond are lessor-used apps put into folders.

+1 on my iPhone. First page is strictly most-used apps; 2nd page is all folders.

On the iPad I have 1 page of all folders, with the most used apps on the dock.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
I use a few to keep things organized because I don't like have a bunch of icons on my screen.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Aside from the built in apps - I have over 350 apps in folders on my iPhone and a similar layout on my iPad. Do I use most of these 350? No but they come in handy from time to time (mostly utilities or productivity apps). However, given how lousy the iOS 7 folder layout is (constant scrolling, lesser apps on page) - I may just get rid of them.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Mix of folders and apps. All kept down to one page. Much faster than trying to find the right page for an app.

Same here. I've always done it this way, and since iOS 7 offers unlimited pages within folders, I see more people opting for this as well.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I use them to logically maintain my apps, plus with kids I like to keep their apps in their own folders :)

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
if anyone has 2 or more screens of icons/apps, it will probably be more efficient to start using folders to manage & organize things.

i have 5 folders:

apps (folder is password locked)
games
internet
utilities
non-use

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.