Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:30 AM   #1
sarahreyes
macrumors newbie

Help. Screen won't work while charging directly through a wall socket

I need help. 3 months ago I bought an iPod Touch 5th Generation and was surprised it didn't have an adapter with it. So I've been charging through my pc since. Yesterday I bought a 10W USB Adapter and tried it out. It was charging but the thing is, when I started using the iPod while it was charging, the screen isn't that sensitive anymore. It would click on itself, sometimes it won't even work. I don't know what I should do. I spent a lot on this adapter I don't want it to be a waste. And also, would it be okay if I keep using this charger, even if it means I can't use my ipod while charging, would it have any effect on my ipod in the long run? thanks so much guys in advance for your replies. Much appreciated.
sarahreyes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:55 PM   #2
Bear
macrumors G3

Whose 10Watt adapter did you buy? I've been using the Apple 12Watt Adapter ($20 US) with no issues with assorted iPods.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 01:17 PM   #3
kaielement
macrumors 6502a

Should be no surprise that the iPod didn't come with the wall charger. Intact I can think of any MP3 player that does. In an effort to cut coast they got rid of the wall charger out of the box it has been like that for years. Just saying. And if the sales person didn't tell you then he wasn't doing his job. I sell MP3 players and it's one of the top things I tell all my customers.

As for the screen issues I wonder if the charger is a non apple one and not an authorized accy and that's why it's acting up
Old Aug 2, 2013, 02:18 AM   #4
defunct32
macrumors regular

My nephew uses a third party wall adapter he bought cheap for 10 bucks or so, it works and charges fine but while charging the touch screen sensitivity would go off, for example when I wanted to unlock his iPod and input his code... let's say 1, 2, 3, 4, I press '1' but it would go to '9' then when I press again it would go to '6', sensitivity was really off.

I recently bought an Apple adapter it's pricey but working great so far.
defunct32 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch