Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLive

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Denmark
Hi guys

I once saw a post containing a guide on how to free up disk space in OS X. The guide included steps to remove fonts, languages, remove voice etc. I've looked everywhere in the forums, and even Googled, but couldn't find that specific post. Do you guys know which post I am talking about? :S

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
To be honest, apart from Garageband instruments, the amount of space that you will save by removing fonts, language components and other things that you might not be using is not going to be very large. I would be surprised if it was more than a couple of Gb, tops.

It is still really a temporary fix for your problem, which is that you have too much stuff for your hard drive.

In short, you need to buy another drive to offload some of your data, or to replace your entire disk.

"Always configure your hardware to fit your data: don't tailor your data to fit your hardware."

iLive

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Denmark
I appreciate your post, but I don't event think I use 10 GB on a computer, so it's not to get more space. But I really need that post again.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
I appreciate your post, but I don't event think I use 10 GB on a computer, so it's not to get more space. But I really need that post again.
You don't use as much as 10Gb on your computer? :eek: So why do you want to do this?

NB: "problems can arise if the wrong languages or architectures are removed."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.