Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AGamble

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
I've been waiting an age for one and finally have the money to buy a 27" with 1TB fusion drive.

Please tell me there no significant updates just around the corner and I'm making a massive mistake not waiting?

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
It looks between August and October for the update.

If you need the machine for something, get it now.

If you can wait, then definitely wait.

That is the rule of thumb around here.

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
I'am itching to hit the buy button too, but there may be a possibiilty that Apple might bump up the graphics and even put in those exclusive Haswell processors with better performance like the Macbook Pros. So i guess there is no harm waiting a bit more. But my suggestion is if you already own a computer wait, otherwise if this is your first Apple buy now as many people are still using the N protocol AC wifi won't make a difference.

Lava Lamp Freak

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2006
I've been waiting an age for one and finally have the money to buy a 27" with 1TB fusion drive.

Please tell me there no significant updates just around the corner and I'm making a massive mistake not waiting?

If buying now, there are several configs of refurbs currently available. Some of them have Fusion drives.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.