Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phonzoxd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 28, 2013
I would not put it past apple. Doesnt seem like a hard thing to do. The outer shell/case looks easily removable, kinda like twist and turn and lift.

I think they will, or atleast like an iphone do the black and silver or white.

It sure will give it an even less "pro" image though.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
I would not put it past apple. Doesnt seem like a hard thing to do. The outer shell/case looks easily removable, kinda like twist and turn and lift.

I think they will, or atleast like an iphone do the black and silver or white.

It sure will give it an even less "pro" image though.

Nope, it is not a high enough volume product for multiple colors.

ScottishCaptain

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
http://www.colorwarepc.com

Apple won't do it. This is not a toy iMac that comes in 10 different happy fun colours, some complete with flower patterns.

Colorware will probably offer a service to do it for you though. It won't be cheap, but I've seen systems personalized through them before and they do good work.

-SC

MacVidCards

Suspended
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
Or the aftermarket will step up and offer them.

I can imagine some kiosks in the mall, purple, pink,blue, and green.

And for the status conscious, a "Bling" one encrusted with rhinestones.

TMay

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2001
Carson City, NV
I suspect there will be a lot of dress up accessories

Lots of personalization is what creatives, et al, would want for their Mac Pro workstations.

Myself, I can imagine a scale A10 Thunderbolt II with a Mac Pro in each engine nacelle hanging from my ceiling trailing Thunderbolt 2 cables to my dual 4K displays. Has a certain ring to it.

Or maybe a sombrero. Or a semi-circular fish tank, with the Mac Pro as the heater.

Seriously though, lots of ring thingies will be sold to organize and dock all your Apple mobile stuff on the Mac Pro. Apple may or may not be concerned about cooling the exterior, so we will have to wait.

Certainly, watermelon color pattern decals will be popular.

shiekh

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2006
I was hoping it would be type III anodization, but that would limit it to black.

Tesselator

macrumors 601
Jan 9, 2008
Japan
Or the aftermarket will step up and offer them.

I can imagine some kiosks in the mall, purple, pink,blue, and green.

And for the status conscious, a "Bling" one encrusted with rhinestones.

Hehe, I want a carpeted one so my cat can use it as a scratching post. :)

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I keep thinking give it a little paint job and make it look like R2D2.

I thought that this thread was a horrible idea until I saw this post. That would be a very cool case mod, probably one of the best ever. The best part is that it is almost guaranteed that someone will do it. :D

Phonzoxd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 28, 2013
I thought that this thread was a horrible idea until I saw this post. That would be a very cool case mod, probably one of the best ever. The best part is that it is almost guaranteed that someone will do it. :D

Umm this is a pretty great thread.

tamvly

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2007
I'm sure someone will come up with a whole host of clingy "protective" sleeves. Argyle anyone?

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007

I would love a TARDIS shell to slip over my AirPort Time Capsule. It would be an easy thing to make if I were at all good at crafty stuff, but I'm not.

tuxon86

macrumors 65816
May 22, 2012
I would love a TARDIS shell to slip over my AirPort Time Capsule. It would be an easy thing to make if I were at all good at crafty stuff, but I'm not.

I thing if you google it you can find a paper craft version of it.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
I apologize in advance to my fellow mr readers because my post is serious.

A: No. But third parties will offer alternative cases to some degree.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I apologize in advance to my fellow mr readers because my post is serious.

A: No. But third parties will offer alternative cases to some degree.

I see no reason to apologize for that answer as it was accurate and to the point. :)

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
I thing if you google it you can find a paper craft version of it.

You're right - and thanks for introducing me to that concept. However, since the proportions of the Time Capsule and the TARDIS aren't the same, you'd need a custom version - which I bet someone will create and share.

A version for 3D printers would be nice too.

Rustus Maximus

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2003
iqnd.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.