Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Imangi Studios' hit game Temple Run 2 has been updated to include Olympic sprinter Usain Bolt as a playable character.

As expected, the character comes equipped with Bolt's signature yellow and green outfit along with unique talents like a coin-magnet speed-boost hybrid power up. Bolt spoke to USA Today about his appearance in the game, which he says that he plays while traveling.

bolt.jpg
To see himself actually in the game, "is fun and a little crazy," says Bolt, interviewed via email. "People always tweeted at me and told me what a great fit my character would be in Temple Run, so finally seeing myself in the game is epic."
Temple Run 2 is Imangi's follow up to the original Temple Run game, which was first released in 2011. Temple Run 2 launched early this year, offering enhanced graphics, smoother gameplay, new power ups, and new environments. The free game was an instant hit, with more than 50 million downloads within two weeks.

The partnership between Bolt and Imangi came about after the studio contacted him about being a character in the game. According to Bolt, he responded, "Make it happen ASAP!"

Temple Run 2 can be downloaded from the App Store for free, though the Usain Bolt character will require a $0.99 in-app purchase. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Usain Bolt Added as Playable Character in 'Temple Run 2'

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
I got the update to the app but don't see it as an option in the game..am I the only one? I prolly wouldn't pay for it anyway but I hate when things don't work the way they are supposed to.

oregon.trader

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2013
signature yellow and green outfit

FYI, the yellow and green are the national colors of Jamaica, not Bolt's "signature" outfit. All athletes who compete for Jamaica wear those colors.

MartiNZ

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Good times. Instabuy, especially as the game didn't cost me anything itself! A fun real life tie-in, maybe it'll start a trend :). Cool response to being asked about it, proper celebrity.

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
Do the power ups include "testosterone injection" and "human growth hormone?"

(just a sports joke, not maligning Usain)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.