Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silimike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2009
Audible Workaround:

You need iFunBox, or any app that will let you transfer files to and from your iPhone/iPad. You'll also need a friend who has a IOS device that will let you install Audible.

On a 'supported' IOS device (6.1.x or earlier), install the audible app, and log in. It will download your Audible library (Not the actual audiobooks, just the list of books that you have).

Using any iPhone/iPad file transfer application (I used iFunBox), navigate to the Audible folder, and copy the 'documents' and 'library' folders to your PC. There will also be a file in the "com.audible.iphone.plist" Copy this too.

On your IOS 7 Beta Device, delete Audible, and re-install it. Don't launch it. Connect it to your file transfer program and copy the files you backed up to your IOS 7 device.

That's it! Library will be there, and it wont try and refresh. Just don't do a manual refresh! It worked for me and a friend, post results... Mike

fleeper

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
That seems like a lot of work. I will definitely be happy when the app works but in the meantime I am listening to my books through the music app.

Works and no need to do all of that.

justgus

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2013
This worked for me too. I prefer the audible app to the music app, so this helped a great deal.

Stupotpot

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
What problems are you having with Audible? I'm on iPhone 5 with Beta 4 and Audible works fine for me? It was a bit buggy when I first updated the OS so I deleted the App and reinstalled but it works fine now.

Bilbo63

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
That doesn't work for me. I've deleted the app, then re-installed it and it still crashes while refreshing.

I've also deleted the app, shut my phone down, restarted it, then re-installed and it still crashes.

mollyparrot

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2013
Huh. Wonder what the issue is then. I haven't had it work under any of the betas, and I've also tried reinstalling after a fresh beta install. (I'm on a 4S)

For now, I'm just plugging my ipad into the car. Not as convenient, but it works.

gglittle

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2012
Probable bug in Audible

Overall the app was working from Beta 1 through Beta 3, but it could not be controlled using Control Center or the headset. In Beta 4 and then beta 5, it simply began crashing when Refresh approaches completion, even though it is still displayed in multitasking.

I would guess that it's going to take Apple telling Audible they have a bug, with the supporting crash logs, and then Audible providing a new release of the app.

SixSlinger

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Works great. Thanks for the tip! I'm loving the Whispersync with my Paperwhite and have been missing that feature when using my beta iPhone.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I just had this issue on 7.0.4. My Audible app stopped working and just crashed on every open. I forgot to copy the 'library' folder, but otherwise just reinstalling and pushing back the 'documents' one worked just as fine.

Thank you. Re-downloading 4GB of audiobooks would have been a nightmare. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.