Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:17 PM   #1
CanesDrew
macrumors regular

Declining Incoming Calls on iOS 7 Beta 4

Noticed a seemingly bug on Beta 4, maybe before. When I receive an inbound FaceTime call or voice call, there is no option to ignore it. Only slide to answer.

Anyone else seeing this?

Not a huge deal but worth checking out. If you want to recreate it, have someone FaceTime or call you and have your phone screen locked. There is NO option to decline the call. You only have that option if your screen is on.

On iOS 6, you slid the screen up to decline.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:47 PM   #2
ominx
macrumors 6502

Yea it's not there anymore. But I always thought it was redundant since it is quicker to just use the volume buttons to silence the call.
ominx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:50 PM   #3
michaelfields
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ominx View Post
Yea it's not there anymore. But I always thought it was redundant since it is quicker to just use the volume buttons to silence the call.
Or just tap the sleep button twice. That's what I've always done
michaelfields is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2013, 12:30 AM   #4
CanesDrew
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ominx View Post
Yeah. You can silence it. But a dedicated decline button should be there. Just like when your screen is on and it rings.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 02:30 AM   #5
FreeStyLeMaSTeR
macrumors member

Double tapping the sleep button declines the call
FreeStyLeMaSTeR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2013, 03:14 AM   #6
C DM
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeStyLeMaSTeR View Post
Double tapping the sleep button declines the call
but that doesn't mean that the option to do that on the screen shouldn't be suddenly--especially since it was there before, since it's there in unlocked state still, and since overall it still makes good sense.
C DM is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2013, 08:56 AM   #7
freemini
macrumors regular

Send a message via Yahoo to freemini
I always found the lack of a decline button just stupid. Why would there be one if the phone is unlocked but not if it was sleeping? I also don't find double pressing sleep very intuitive at all. Surely it would make more sense to always have a decline button like any other phone ever.
freemini is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2013, 06:41 AM   #8
ajayemm
macrumors newbie

I guess the logic is that if you're using the phone, you need the reject button as you're in the middle of something. If the phone is asleep, it's not as urgent to quickly reject, rather silence it. I didn't know about the double tap sleep button though so thanks for that tip.

Personally, I would rather have a reject button on both sleep and awake
ajayemm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:46 PM   #9
wsanders
macrumors newbie

I still see "Reject" *occasionally*

The weird thing is I still see the "reject" button on the screen occasionally. I have no idea why.

I guess one of the first principles of software design would be to eliminate the "I have no idea" stuff.....
wsanders is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:52 PM   #10
PNutts
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsanders View Post
The weird thing is I still see the "reject" button on the screen occasionally. I have no idea why.

I guess one of the first principles of software design would be to eliminate the "I have no idea" stuff.....
iOS 7 beta 4 expired. What version are you on? You should consider a new thread with an accurate title.
PNutts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:59 PM   #11
C DM
macrumors G5

Quote:

Its there when the phone is unlocked and it's not there when the phone is locked (so that you wouldn't hit it accidentally simply reaching for your phone, for example).
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2013, 01:40 PM   #12
crookadile
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by C DM View Post
Its there when the phone is unlocked and it's not there when the phone is locked (so that you wouldn't hit it accidentally simply reaching for your phone, for example).
On iOS6 you have to scroll up to access the decline button so you can't hit it accidentally.

I use it frequently, don't see why it can't be the same on iOS7.

As for double tapping the sleep button,that's a no no for me. iPhone 5 sleep buttons are notorious for breaking so that's an option I prefer not to use.
crookadile is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2013, 04:02 PM   #13
C DM
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
On iOS6 you have to scroll up to access the decline button so you can't hit it accidentally.

I use it frequently, don't see why it can't be the same on iOS7.

As for double tapping the sleep button,that's a no no for me. iPhone 5 sleep buttons are notorious for breaking so that's an option I prefer not to use.
Correct, that particular item did exist in iOS 6 (and only iOS 6), but unfortunately didn't make it to iOS 7 (so far).
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2013, 06:20 PM   #14
Oz.
macrumors regular

Quote:

You see the reject button only when you use the phone, if you don't use it you will not see it
Oz. is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7