Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lifeislikeme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2012
Google launched Chromecast days ago. Since then, i've been searching for similar stuffs. Apple TV was known to me long ago. Besides, i found a new analog named iPush (http://bit.ly/1bQBVnE), which enables screen-mirroring from both IOS and Android Devices to HDTV.

Compared with Apple TV and Chromecast, iPush has no apps or channels preinstalled -- at least it does not claim it has.

However, with built-in Linux OS, it enables interaction among several mobile devices, according to the introduction.

Another feature is its compatibility with DLAN. I don't quite understand this, and want someone to explain it. Anyway, i wonder if all the functions work well at its price, which is much lower than the famous brands.

Zeiken

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2013
Another feature is its compatibility with DLAN. I don't quite understand this, and want someone to explain it.
To be simple, DLAN is exactly about what you said "it enables interaction among several mobile devices". On Wiki, you can see the definition "responsible for defining interoperability guidelines to enable sharing of digital media between multimedia devices."

I think the iPush thing is a derivative from Apple TV, which, ain't support android phones. But Apple products proved always more stable and endurable than others. :)

buxingba

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2013
good, Apple products proved always more stable and endurable than others.thanks
moNHqO

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
Has anybody used one of these yet? I have seen them mentioned, but no real world experience yet. I'd be very interested in if they actually work.

marcel808

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2013
I have one. I'm able to select it as an airplay device from my iphone5 and send video/audio content to it, works very well.
But you cannot mirror.
And I cannot get my macbook pro to see it (but the macbook sees the Apple TV fine)
So it is good but not perfect

regards
cel

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.