Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JefferyShin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
Hi. I have a 15" rMBP, purchased on July 5th, 2012. I have never purchased the extended warranty, which means that I have technical support until July 5th, 2013.

However, checking my serial number on Apple's Support Coverage Check site, it shows that I have coverage until March 3rd, 2016 (http://i.imgur.com/lzmE28L.png).

Even if somehow a friend or family purchased AppleCare for me, or I somehow lost memory of purchasing AppleCare, wouldn't my warranty expire July 5th, 2015?

I'm curious because I just realized that my display is from LG, and there are some pretty serious burn-in issues.

nickandre21

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2012
That is strange. Firstly you got the laptop on July 5th and on the site it shows March 3rd. Then again the dates seem like the laptop was purchased on March 3rd. I suggest you just take the mac to apple and see what they say. If its out of warranty you would need to pay for any repairs, you would not be able to buy apple care now unless you speak to apple about it.

Alternatively try and go to about mac and then click more info and head to the service button and check coverage that will prevent any mistakes made while keying in the serial number.

sarthak

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
Apple Care extends support for an additional two years. You purchased it on July 5, 2012. Your standard coverage lasts until July 5, 2013 and your extended coverage brings it to July 5, 2015.

Are you sure you typed the correct serial number? Did you purchase it from the Apple Store or a preowned unit from say, eBay?

johnnnw

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2013
Apple Care extends support for an additional two years. You purchased it on July 5, 2012. Your standard coverage lasts until July 5, 2013 and your extended coverage brings it to July 5, 2015.

Are you sure you typed the correct serial number? Did you purchase it from the Apple Store or a preowned unit from say, eBay?

You didn't read the post...

He said he didn't get the extended warranty.

Ricanlegend

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009
Bronx,Ny
Hi. I have a 15" rMBP, purchased on July 5th, 2012. I have never purchased the extended warranty, which means that I have technical support until July 5th, 2013.

However, checking my serial number on Apple's Support Coverage Check site, it shows that I have coverage until March 3rd, 2016 (http://i.imgur.com/lzmE28L.png).

Even if somehow a friend or family purchased AppleCare for me, or I somehow lost memory of purchasing AppleCare, wouldn't my warranty expire July 5th, 2015?

I'm curious because I just realized that my display is from LG, and there are some pretty serious burn-in issues.

Call apple and tell them they made a mistake you never bought apple care

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
It's probably best just to call Apple and confirm anyway. You don't want to give yourself a false sense of security 3 years from now when it could be just a system glitch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.