Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pilingo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2013
Hello

I've had my iPhone 5 for about 3 months and 2 days ago (July 31) I received an alert which seemed like a system notification like when there is a new system update, however, this alert only said "Get Ready!" (my native language is Spanish therefore I received the alert in spanish: "¡Prepárate!"), as I'm used to just hit cancel every time an alert pops up I did that and had no chance to take any screenshot, however today (August 2nd) I received the alert 2 more times!! and this time I could take a screenshot:
IMG_0989%5B1%5D.PNG

I went to my country official Apple Store before I had the screenshot and they knew nothing about it, they even told me it was another app, however I know all of my apps and I don't let any of my apps except for default calendar to notify me with alerts, I only choose bubbles in notification center, and I've double checked it. Also, the only alerts that show up like that (letter style, size, bold, no icon, etc.) are system, apple sent alerts, I've never seen any other app display alerts in that format before.
At first I thought it was some kind of promo for the upcoming iOS7 and the new iphone launch, but I've searched the whole internet, even twitter and I couldn't find a single thing about this happening to other people. Anyone knows what this is or will I really have to scale this up by calling apple support and demanding they explain this. Do you think this is iOS7 related?.

I hope someone here can help me or has had this same alert because if I call apple I will have to waste a lot of time because this might not be something a normal support guy can solve.

Do you think I might be getting teased by apple for the new iOS? Why me and not everyone else? Has anyone else had this alert pop up?. So many questions!!

P.S. Yes, I was playing tiny wings while this happened but the first time my iPhone was completely blocked and in standby.

Last edited:

xc0216

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2013
I really dont know.

No this has not happend to me, but I'm on iOS 7. I suggest you connect check Reminders, Clock, and calendar (Check the date you saw the message). If you don't see anything I suggest a restore (Connect to iTunes on your computer and click restore. Is your iPhone jailbroken if so, you might have a virus. If a restore does not fix it call Apple, they might have to replace your phone. Also if it makes a difference scientists think the world may end on January 1, 2014 and August 4, 2014, so maybe Apple got paranoid.

Pilingo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2013
No this has not happend to me, but I'm on iOS 7. I suggest you connect check Reminders, Clock, and calendar (Check the date you saw the message). If you don't see anything I suggest a restore (Connect to iTunes on your computer and click restore. Is your iPhone jailbroken if so, you might have a virus. If a restore does not fix it call Apple, they might have to replace your phone. Also if it makes a difference scientists think the world may end on January 1, 2014 and August 4, 2014, so maybe Apple got paranoid.

I don't have or had any entry in calendar, reminder or clock in any occasion this has happened. I won't do a restore because everything works flawlessly. I don't do jailbreaking so the virus thing is discarded. Apple won't replace my iphone for physical defects (chipping) do you really think they will replace it just for that alert, lol!.

I laughed so hard at the last part haha.

Thanks for your input though.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sounds like some sort of an app might be sending that as a notification. Almost like a Game Center invitation or something like that, but perhaps from some game or an app (that has notifications that you might not even really be aware of). I'd see what apps are running, and maybe close them all out here and there and see if that alert still appears, although with a push notification an app doesn't really even need to be running for it to come through.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
I don't know if this applies but I was getting notifications from an app that was not in notification center And all notification types were all set to off. Regardless I was still sending me notifications. I reported this to Apple and deleted the app. Take a good look at all your apps and see if you can pinpoint it.

Good luck.

adamj575

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2011
Tennessee
If i'm not mistaken, that alert pops up when you pause tiny wings then resume the game...giving you a couple of seconds before the action resumes...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If i'm not mistaken, that alert pops up when you pause tiny wings then resume the game...giving you a couple of seconds before the action resumes...
Just tried it for fun basically and it happens if you are playing Tiny Wings, then leave the game to go to another app or another screen basically, and then come back to the game.

Sounds like it's related to Tiny Wings after all.

adamj575

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2011
Tennessee
Just tried it for fun basically and it happens if you are playing Tiny Wings, then leave the game to go to another app or another screen basically, and then come back to the game.

Glad I could help solve your riddle!

Sirious

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
P.S. Yes, I was playing tiny wings while this happened but the first time my iPhone was completely blocked and in standby.

Confirmed -Your problem is Tiny Wings!
I just played the game and quit the app. When I got back to it, I got the same message.

Attachments

• IMG_0795.JPG
    IMG_0795.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 174

RoyalStone

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2013
Pretty much, to recreate this, you multitask away to another app, then multitask back to Tiny Wings. Then you press OK when you're ready to play.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 164

Pilingo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2013

OMG!! thank you all!!! I can't believe it was that game -.- what was weird is I got the notification when I hadn't even started the game again, it was probably running in the background though and just glitched out.

Again, thank you all!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.