Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Just bought AppleCare for 15" MBP from an authorised Apple repair centre I work closely with, and paid £210 for it. They also registered the warranty online for me and it's just been updated. It was the cheapest price I could find.

However, one of my friends needs to get AppleCare on their 15" MBP as well. Is £210 a good price to extend it by two years, or is there possibly anywhere I can source it cheaper for them?

Thanks in advance for any advice people can provide me.

Last edited:

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
it is at the top end. Currys were selling some off for about half that not long ago, but those offers come and go. Your best bet is to look for a business seller on eBay that offers these new and sealed. Don't buy a reg code for obvious reasons. You might save £50 or so.

If Apple asks for a copy of a retail invoice when registering just say it was a gift.

birdpathp

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2013
yes.If Apple asks for a copy of a retail invoice when registering just say it was a gift.
TB3K

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
it is at the top end. Currys were selling some off for about half that not long ago, but those offers come and go. Your best bet is to look for a business seller on eBay that offers these new and sealed. Don't buy a reg code for obvious reasons. You might save £50 or so.

If Apple asks for a copy of a retail invoice when registering just say it was a gift.

Thank you for the advice :) I definitely feel quite stupid now that I know I could've paid a lot less for AppleCare, but at least my friend won't be paying as much.

I'll have a hunt on eBay now. Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.