Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
For some reason my default contacts were set to the "exchange" account I have set up on my iPhone, so all the new contacts Ive added have been saving to that account. Is there a simple way to transfer all these contacts from the exchange account to the iCloud? Or is this something I will have to do manually? :[

basedgod

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2013
Based
You can always just go ahead do a back up through icloud and that should resolve any issues the contacts will be in the back up, along with the email account.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
You can always just go ahead do a back up through icloud and that should resolve any issues the contacts will be in the back up, along with the email account.

I want to be able to access the same contacts on my mac, but I guess I will have to do it all manually

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
For some reason my default contacts were set to the "exchange" account I have set up on my iPhone, so all the new contacts Ive added have been saving to that account. Is there a simple way to transfer all these contacts from the exchange account to the iCloud? Or is this something I will have to do manually? :[

Search the app store for "vcard export" and you will see some apps that will export your address book in the standard vcard format. Once you get the contacts all exported in vcard, you can delete the exchange contacts from the phone. Then turn on iCloud sync on the phone and email yourself the vcard file. Open the vcard file in the email and you will get an option to import the contacts. Tell it to import them into the iCloud contacts area. That should do it.

Now turn on iCloud contacts sync on the Mac and they will sync over.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
open the exchange account on a computer and save the vcard and then send it and save to your icloud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.