Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 3, 2013, 03:19 PM   #1
sonicrobby
macrumors 65816

Move contacts from "Exchange" to "iCloud"

For some reason my default contacts were set to the "exchange" account I have set up on my iPhone, so all the new contacts Ive added have been saving to that account. Is there a simple way to transfer all these contacts from the exchange account to the iCloud? Or is this something I will have to do manually? :[
Old Aug 3, 2013, 04:21 PM   #2
basedgod
macrumors newbie

You can always just go ahead do a back up through icloud and that should resolve any issues the contacts will be in the back up, along with the email account.
basedgod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2013, 04:39 PM   #3
sonicrobby
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by basedgod View Post
You can always just go ahead do a back up through icloud and that should resolve any issues the contacts will be in the back up, along with the email account.
I want to be able to access the same contacts on my mac, but I guess I will have to do it all manually
Old Aug 3, 2013, 06:02 PM   #4
basedgod
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicrobby View Post
I want to be able to access the same contacts on my mac, but I guess I will have to do it all manually
Sadly, Sorry mate
Old Aug 4, 2013, 11:12 AM   #5
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicrobby View Post
For some reason my default contacts were set to the "exchange" account I have set up on my iPhone, so all the new contacts Ive added have been saving to that account. Is there a simple way to transfer all these contacts from the exchange account to the iCloud? Or is this something I will have to do manually? :[
Search the app store for "vcard export" and you will see some apps that will export your address book in the standard vcard format. Once you get the contacts all exported in vcard, you can delete the exchange contacts from the phone. Then turn on iCloud sync on the phone and email yourself the vcard file. Open the vcard file in the email and you will get an option to import the contacts. Tell it to import them into the iCloud contacts area. That should do it.

Now turn on iCloud contacts sync on the Mac and they will sync over.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2013, 02:53 PM   #6
Carlanga
macrumors 601

open the exchange account on a computer and save the vcard and then send it and save to your icloud.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting