Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apple101

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
New Jersey
Hello,

Why am I keep getting a "No SIM" installed on my iPhone 5, Verizon ? I just had my SIM card replaced in the beginning of May this year.

This isn't happening that much, but when it does; it's a nuisance.

92P92

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2013
Belgium
I have the exact same problem.
I keep taking printscreens of it so I can show it when I go to the store.
Switching the phone on and off is a solution but the next day, it says again 'No Sim'. That's just a short term solution. If anyone has a long term solution, I would be happy to hear it because if I would go to the store, I won't have my Iphone for maybe 3 weeks because they have to send it to Apple :/

iDominic

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2013
Garden City, MI
Hello,

Why am I keep getting a "No SIM" installed on my iPhone 5, Verizon ? I just had my SIM card replaced in the beginning of May this year.

This isn't happening that much, but when it does; it's a nuisance.

Pop out the sim card and put it back in, and make sure it is in the slot correctly. Or try turning it off, and then back on again.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
in the past with the iphone 4, it always turned out to be a sim card reader issue. replacing the card and reinstalling the OS never helps. i had my old iphone 4 replaced because of it at apple. i suggest bringing it in.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
My first iPhone 5 had this issue. Every 10 minutes I would get a message stating no sim was installed. I would reset the phone, work fine and then 10 minutes later it would happen. This started right after I took the phone out of the box, so a few hours later I got a new in box replacement and haven't had the problem since. As others have said, it's most likely hardware and you'll need a replacement phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.