Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

godette

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2011
Hi everyone, I actually have two questions, both related to each other (I think).
I have a very strange problem. For some reason I've been getting my husband's emails and calendar reminders. This means that I've been receiving emails addressed to him. I've checked my settings page and I find that his email address is on my list. I'd like to delete or disable it on my ipad, but will this also delete or disabl/close his account entirely so that even he won't be able to receive any emails?
Secondly, why am I getting his calendar reminders as well? It's really strange. We don't share an icloud account or any account and we just can't figure it out.
Thanks very much for your help. I'm not sure if I've given enough information. Please let me know if I need to furnish more details.

Markb56

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2010
Hi everyone, I actually have two questions, both related to each other (I think).
I have a very strange problem. For some reason I've been getting my husband's emails and calendar reminders. This means that I've been receiving emails addressed to him. I've checked my settings page and I find that his email address is on my list. I'd like to delete or disable it on my ipad, but will this also delete or disabl/close his account entirely so that even he won't be able to receive any emails?
Secondly, why am I getting his calendar reminders as well? It's really strange. We don't share an icloud account or any account and we just can't figure it out.
Thanks very much for your help. I'm not sure if I've given enough information. Please let me know if I need to furnish more details.

If you delete the email account on your iPad, you only delete it from your iPad, this should stop you from receiving his messages. This may also stop the Calendar from updating as well, since the email account may have been set to sync Calendar as well as email.

When you first set up the iPad, you established an ID with iCloud, hence the ability to sync calendars.

FrankB1191

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
If you used iTunes to set up your iPad, it'll think it's whatever iPad was set up in iTunes first. Go into your iPad's Settings, then General, and then About. At the top of the page, the iPad's name will be displayed, and you should correct it if it has your husband's name (e.g. Joe's iPad). These devices have a sharing/synching capability, but it's not always wanted.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
just delete any emails on the iPad and also if you are using the cloud, then you need to get messages by using an apple email address that is not your husbands.

fyi - if you pull messages on the iPad from his phone number, you will get his those messages too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.