Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acamerainjapan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Hello,

I would like to make a poster size collage (maybe about 1m X 1m). I would like to know some good software for the mac that could handle this. Preferably something simple, as I am not really wanting to jump into Photoshop for something like this. Basically I just want something that won't destroy the quality when it creates the final collage as I want to enlarge the collage to a poster size print.

Thank you very much,

J

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Pixelmator, only $14.99 in App Store. Should do the job for you. Does a lot of the things PS does, just cheaper.

Pixelmator...definitely!

I just did a collage of travel shots for a poster print and Pixelmator made the job a breeze. Just drag and drop the shots onto a blank canvas and use the alignment guides to line them up perfectly...you can even add text if you want.

Highly recommended.

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
I don't know if Pages can handle this, but I prefer InDesign for it: not a Photo program but a layout program. You can arange everything with low res thumbs, then when it's finished, you export the full resolution thing. Making an A0 poster at 300 dpi with many layers in a photo program will deliver headaches.

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
I tried a program called CollageIt for making a single collage I wanted. Free version has some limitations but not enough to mess me up.

----------

I tried a program called CollageIt for making a single collage I wanted. Free version has some limitations but not enough to mess me up. Pro version is $20 and adds a few features including up to 12k x 12k pixels. Free is only 2k image.

Boogsephine

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
I watched a few of the tutorial videos for the app and it looks amazing. Stuff that would take me 15 minutes in Photoshop would take me 5 minutes in this app. Definitely going to check it out and see how it works! Maybe I'll make a collage too.. once I figure the app out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.