Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Aug 4, 2013, 01:51 PM   #1
robvas
macrumors 68000

External monitor doesn't work with MiniDP to DVI adapter

I have an Acer S211HL monitor. I also have a MacBook Air 2011 with a Dynex MiniDP to DVI adapter. It used to work a week or two ago, and now it doesn't work! The screen on my Mac will flash blue for a second like it's going to work when I plug it in. Then the monitor just says 'NO SIGNAL'. If I used the same adapter and same monitor with my rMBP it works perfectly!

I can also use my Dynex MiniDP to VGA adapter, and it works fine. But I'd really like to know why the other adapter quit working out of the blue.
robvas is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air