|Aug 4, 2013, 03:21 PM||#1|
Vectorising a Logo
Just trying to vectorize a logo from an existing image:
I have tried online tools and Adobe Fireworks, just wondering whats the best (easy to use) tool for the job?
Obviously all I want is the colours and not the 3D effect, guessing the best format for it would be .eps or .ai
Any help, instructions or guides welcome, I am really struggling with this
Thanks in Advance!
|Aug 4, 2013, 07:32 PM||#4|
If you don't have illustrator try Inskcape, it's free and will allow you to trace and save out as an EPS file.
I wouldn't use Fireworks or Photoshop for vectoring due to the tools just aren't great for vectorizing.
"There is a world elsewhere" - Coriolanus
|Aug 5, 2013, 04:50 AM||#5|
The best way to tackle this is to redraw it using Illustrator. It would take around 30 minutes to an hour for an experienced user to do a decent job. If you like I will do it for you, for some compensation. What do you think it's worth?
Professional Mac User since 1988
|Aug 5, 2013, 08:07 AM||#6|
As others have said - redraw it. Either you can do this yourself, or just pay someone $20 on oDesk or one of the other popular freelance sites to do it.
There's not much to it though - just some shapes and a little beveling.
|Aug 5, 2013, 08:29 AM||#7|
Just out of curiosity, why do you need the Go Outdoors logo?
Last edited by mumph; Aug 5, 2013 at 08:44 AM.
|Aug 6, 2013, 05:19 PM||#9|
It's pretty straightforward, but you'll need Photoshop (or similar raster editing app) along with Illustrator (or other vector editing app).
1. Figure out what font's being used (Helvetica Black).
2. Sample and note color values for background and mountains.
3. In Photoshop, select the white boundaries of mountains and save them to new layers, then export as TIFs.
4. Save original image as a TIF.
5. In Illustrator, import original image.
6. Create oval and color it the blue shade from step 2.
7. Add text.
8. Import mountain boundaries into Illustrator. Use Live Trace to create vector outlines.
9. Create mountain shapes using pen tool and add color using values from step 2.
10. Use Illustrator's 3D Extrude & Bevel effect on mountain shapes, text and oval.
11. Make the oval a clipping mask so that everything outside the oval's boundary disappears.
|Aug 11, 2013, 02:38 AM||#10|
Lots of ways. I use old software so I will not cite the versions..
1) make the sections in Photoshop , convert them to paths and export them out as postscript to Illustrator for example. Assemble the various paths in register and clean up manually
2) If you're good at it, use an autotrace tool in your fave vector applications, and clean up by hand
3) redraw all the objects in your fav vector app
4) Lazy way. Sent the art to Bangladesh and have them do it for about $5.00
"Big Brother Lives in the Cloud"
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sports Logo Quiz! - An actually nice looking logo game.||GoldenJoe||iPhone and iPod touch Apps||1||May 28, 2013 12:51 PM|
|A Extremely powerful and convenient logo search app “Logo.”!||ruiruirui971||iPhone and iPod touch Apps||0||Mar 10, 2013 03:30 AM|
|iPhone 4S stuck on Apple Logo, rapid repeating of logo||CRip4s||Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks||7||Jun 23, 2012 03:31 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.