Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cgute

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2013
I purchased Idraw and have seen the tutorials on how to place text on a curved path but when I select the text with either the Path Selection Tool or the Move Tool and then go to "Modify" up top, "Place text on path" is not highlighted for me to select and I don't know why. Therefore it's not letting me use the function. Help!

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I purchased Idraw and have seen the tutorials on how to place text on a curved path but when I select the text with either the Path Selection Tool or the Move Tool and then go to "Modify" up top, "Place text on path" is not highlighted for me to select and I don't know why. Therefore it's not letting me use the function. Help!

This tutorial should help you. You must select both the text and the path it is to follow for it to work.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Thanks so much!!!!

The tutorial is about creating a logo but does show how to put text on a path. I have been using the beta of iDraw and it is a decent program for doing quick vectors. I just wanted to see what it could do. I am sure you will enjoy it once you get use to it. I have Illustrator CS6 which is what I normally use for vectors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.