Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedPearbook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
I deleted systemversion.plist.
I reset my ibook g4 with single user mode with a command, since it would always boot with a blue screen BUT could still boot with safe mode.
Now it boots up with a gray screen since I have no accounts, but thats fine with me.
My question is if I could use PPC retail Leopard discs on it holding C when it boots up and it would reinstall the OS again? Basicly, I want to reinstall the OS I screwed up with no accounts and a retail disc. Please help.

Last edited:

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
I deleted systemversion.plist.
I reset my ibook g4 with single user mode with a command, since it would always boot with a blue screen BUT could still boot with safe mode.
Now it boots up with a gray screen since I have no accounts, but thats fine with me.
My question is if I could use PPC retail Leopard discs on it holding C when it boots up and it would reinstall the OS again? Basicly, I want to reinstall the OS I screwed up with no accounts and a retail disc. Please help.

I hope I understood your question correctly. You're asking if you can reinstall the OS using a retail disk? Course you can.
I suggest that - while in the installer - before you actually install OS X, you go to utilities in the top menu bar (don't quote me on this, just go through all the menus until you find the right one), click Disk Utility, select your hard drive, and erase it. This will allow you to have a fresh install.
Hope this helped ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.